On December 1, 2008, Downtown Dermatology became Dermatology, P.A., and moved to 7300 France Avenue S., Suite 400 in Edina. Our new location offers ample free parking, expanded exam rooms and a convenient floor plan to make visits more pleasant for our patients.
Arthur W. Ide, III, M.D.
Dr. Arthur Ide was born and raised in Minneapolis and attended Blake High School and then went east to Dartmouth College. He then served two years in the United States Peace Corps in Nepal as a high school math and science teacher. Following his Peace Corps experience, he attended the University of Minnesota Medical School and subsequently completed his residency in dermatology at the University of Minnesota. He was board certified by the American Board of Dermatology in 1991 and recertified in 2001 and 2010. He is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Dermatology at the University of Minnesota. He volunteered at the Uptown Community Clinic until its recent closing. He is the owner of Dermatology, P.A. He has four children and lives in Minneapolis.
Beth Dougherty, NP
Beth Dougherty attended The University of St Catherine in St Paul MN and graduated with a BSN degree in 2003. She then worked as a RN for over 10 years in a cardiac care unit. Her interest shifted from cardiology to dermatology during her clinical rotations in graduate school. She graduated from the University of St Catherine with a MSN degree in 2014, and began practicing as a NP under the direct supervision of Dr. Arthur Ide in January of 2015. Beth has a particular interest in preventative full body skin exams to screen for skin cancers, acne, rosacea, eczema, warts, and rashes. She is currently certified by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, and is a member of the Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing & the Dermatology Nurses’ Association. She resides in Edina MN with her husband and two children.
Sheldon L. Mandel, M.D. (RETIRED)
Dr. Sheldon Mandel was born and raised in Minneapolis and served in WWII in the Army Medical Corps. He trained in dermatology at the Valley Forge General Hospital and the University of Pennsylvania and later completed his residency at the University of Minnesota. He was appointed instructor in the Department of Dermatology at the University of Minnesota in 1953 and has been on the faculty since that date. He was appointed as a full professor in the Department of Dermatology in 1970. He was certified by the American Board of Dermatology in 1953.
Dr. Mandel joined Dr. Henry Michelson’s practice in 1951 and continued until 1990 when he joined Dr. Nadine Smith and Dr. Arthur Ide in practice in the Medical Arts Building.